- Beach Hazards Statement for San Fransisco Peninsula Coast County, California
- Beach Hazards Statement issued January 11 at 8:44AM PST until January 11 at 8:00PM PST by NWS
- Effective: Thursday, January 11, 2018 at 8:44 a.m.
- Expires: Thursday, January 11, 2018 at 8 p.m.
...A long period northwest swell will move through the coastal
waters into tonight...
...BEACH HAZARDS STATEMENT IN EFFECT UNTIL 8 PM PST THIS
The National Weather Service in San Francisco has issued a Beach
Hazards Statement for large shore break, dangerous rip currents,
and sneaker waves which is in effect until 8 PM PST this evening.
* SEAS... NORTHWEST SWELLS 8 TO 10 FEET WITH A PERIOD OF 17 TO 20
* TIMING... THROUGH 8 PM TONIGHT.
* LOCATION...COASTLINE FROM SONOMA COUNTY SOUTH THROUGH MONTEREY
COUNTY. IN PARTICULAR WEST TO NORTHWEST FACING BEACHES...
INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO...OCEAN BEACH...MONTARA STATE
BEACH AND MARINA STATE BEACH.
* POTENTIAL IMPACTS...LARGE SURF...SNEAKER WAVES...AND DANGEROUS