- Beach Hazards Statement for San Fransisco Peninsula Coast County, California
- Beach Hazards Statement issued July 07 at 9:19AM PDT until July 07 at 3:00PM PDT by NWS
- Effective: Saturday, July 7, 2018 at 9:19 a.m.
- Expires: Saturday, July 7, 2018 at 3 p.m.
...Long Period Southerly Swell Through This Afternoon...
.A moderate-sized long-period southerly swell will continue to
impact the Central Coast through this afternoon.
...BEACH HAZARDS STATEMENT REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 3 PM PDT THIS
* WAVES AND SURF...Southerly swell 3 to 5 feet with a period of
12 to 14 seconds.
* HAZARDS...Increased risk of rip currents and sneaker waves,
stronger longshore current at west facing beaches, and
somewhat larger breaking waves at south facing coasts.
* TIMING...Waves will gradually diminish through the morning and
* LOCATION...Primarily south facing coastal sections of Marin
and Santa Cruz counties. In particular southwest facing
beaches... including but not limited to...Stinson Beach...
Santa Cruz Boardwalk Beach and Twin Lakes Beach.
* POTENTIAL IMPACTS...Increased risk of drowning or being pulled
out to sea by this energetic swell train. Never turn your back
on the ocean!