- Excessive Heat Warning for San Fransisco Peninsula Coast County, California
- Excessive Heat Warning issued September 02 at 1:13PM PDT until September 02 at 9:00PM PDT by NWS
- Effective: Saturday, September 2, 2017 at 1:13 p.m.
- Expires: Saturday, September 2, 2017 at 9 p.m.
...Dangerously Hot Conditions Today...
Today is forecast to be the second consecutive day of extreme
heat across the entire San Francisco Bay Area and Monterey Bay
Area. Widespread high temperatures of 100 degrees or higher are
forecast to occur this afternoon. In addition, cooling overnight
has been limited and not sufficient enough to provide significant
relief from the heat. Emergency management officials in the city
of San Francisco reported excessive numbers of heat related
illnesses on Friday and hospitals in the City were overwhelmed.
These are dangerously hot conditions and everyone is encouraged
to take action to remain cool and to protect themselves from heat
related illnesses. Remnants of Tropical Storm Lidia will bring a
cooling trend to the area beginning tomorrow, however, hot
conditions are expected to persist inland through tomrorow.
...EXCESSIVE HEAT WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 9 PM PDT THIS
an Excessive Heat Warning remains in effect until 9 PM PDT this
* LOCATIONS INCLUDE...Coastal areas of the San Francisco Bay
Area including the city of San Francisco and coastal areas of
the Monterey Bay Area.
* TEMPERATURES...Daytime temperatures will mostly be in the 80s
and 90s with some locations surpassing 100 degrees. Somewhat
cooler temperatures are forecast for Sunday and Monday.
* IMPACTS...MODERATE to HIGH risk of heat related illness,
especially for sensitive groups: elderly, children, sick
people as well as pets and livestock. This heat will also be
dangerous to anyone without proper hydration or adequate
* ADDITIONAL IMPACTS...Plan outdoor activities accordingly. Try
to schedule holiday weekend activities in the morning or
evening when temperatures will be cooler, and with less
exposure to direct sunlight.
An Excessive Heat Warning means that a prolonged period of
dangerously hot temperatures will occur. Hot temperatures will
create a dangerous situation in which heat illnesses are likely.
Drink plenty of fluids...stay in an air-conditioned room...stay
out of the sun...and check up on relatives and neighbors.