- Fire Weather Watch for San Joaquin County, California
- Fire Weather Watch issued June 21 at 4:59AM PDT until June 24 at 8:00AM PDT by NWS
- Effective: Saturday, June 23, 2018 at 11 a.m.
- Expires: Sunday, June 24, 2018 at 8 a.m.
...Fire Weather Watch for portions of the Valley and Surrounding
Foothills this Weekend...
.Surface high pressure building into Oregon Saturday morning
behind a passing upper-level low pressure system will result
in dry and gusty northerly winds over portions of the northern
Central Valley and surrounding Foothills this weekend.
The strongest winds are forecast to be on the west side of the
Sacramento Valley, west of Interstate 5, and into Solano County.
This band of strong winds will also affect the foothills of the
coastal range, including Lake County. Locally dry gusty winds are
also possible over the Northeast Foothills of the Sacramento
Valley as gusty downslope winds develop Saturday night.
The combination of gusty winds and hot and dry weather conditions
could result in critical fire weather conditions.
...FIRE WEATHER WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM SATURDAY MORNING
THROUGH SUNDAY MORNING FOR GUSTY NORTHERLY WINDS AND LOW HUMIDITY
FOR FIRE WEATHER ZONES 213, 215, 216, 217, 218, 219, 220, 263,
264, 266, 267, AND 279...
* AFFECTED AREAS...Portions of the Central Valley and surrounding
* WIND...North winds 15 to 20 mph with gusts around 30 mph.
* HUMIDITY...Afternoon minimum humidities as low as 8-12 percent
and areas of very poor overnight recovery.
* IMPACTS...Any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly.
Outdoor burning is not recommended.
Interact with us via social media