- Beach Hazards Statement for San Luis Obispo County Central Coast County, California
- Beach Hazards Statement issued April 30 at 10:15PM PDT until May 01 at 8:00AM PDT by NWS
- Effective: Monday, April 30, 2018 at 10:15 p.m.
- Expires: Tuesday, May 1, 2018 at 8 a.m.
...BEACH HAZARDS STATEMENT NOW IN EFFECT UNTIL 8 AM PDT TUESDAY...
* HAZARDS...Dangerous rip currents and sneaker waves are
expected on west and northwest facing beaches due to elevated
surf of 6 to 9 feet with local sets to 10 ft.
* IMPACTS...There is an increased risk for ocean drowning. Rip
currents can pull swimmers and surfers out to sea. Sneaker
waves can suddenly wash people off beaches and rock jetties.