- Excessive Heat Warning for San Luis Obispo County Central Coast County, California
- Excessive Heat Warning issued September 02 at 3:10PM PDT until September 02 at 10:00PM PDT by NWS
- Effective: Saturday, September 2, 2017 at 3:10 p.m.
- Expires: Saturday, September 2, 2017 at 10 p.m.
...Dangerous heat is expected to continue across much of
southwest California through late this evening...
Strong high pressure will continue to produce dangerously high
temperatures across the region through late this evening.
Widespread triple digit heat continued today with the hottest
areas exceeding 110 degrees. It will remain very warm through
late this evening.
Clouds and possible showers and thunderstorms should bring
significant cooling to most areas on Sunday, though well above
normal temperatures will likely continue across coastal areas as
well as interior San Luis Obispo and Santa Barbara Counties.
Additional humidity associated with the remnants of the tropical
system Lidia will add to the discomfort.
...EXCESSIVE HEAT WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 10 PM PDT THIS
* TEMPERATURES...High temperatures will range from 100 to 112
degrees across the lower mountain elevations...highest in the
San Luis Obispo County Mountains. Temperatures will remain in
the mid 80s to mid 90s through late this evening.
* IMPACTS...The very high temperatures will create a dangerous
situation in which heat related illnesses are possible.
Temperatures inside vehicles, even if the windows are
partially open, can quickly rise to life-threatening levels.