- Excessive Heat Watch for San Luis Obispo County Central Coast County, California
- Excessive Heat Watch issued August 27 at 7:29PM PDT until August 30 at 10:00PM PDT by NWS
- Effective: Monday, August 28, 2017 at 10 a.m.
- Expires: Wednesday, August 30, 2017 at 10 p.m.
...Record breaking heat expected across much of Southwest
California through mid week...
The combination of strong high pressure and weak onshore flow
will continue to produce high temperatures across the region
through at least mid week, and possibly through the end of the
week and into the Labor Day weekend. The warmest temperatures are
expected to be across the Antelope Valley, lower mountain
elevations, coastal and inland valleys. Unusually warm
temperatures are also expected in the Los Angeles Basin away from
An Excessive Heat Watch remains in effect for the for the Central
Coast from Monday through Wednesday evening. As the event draws
closer, this watch will likely be converted into an Excessive
Heat Warning or a Heat Advisory.
...EXCESSIVE HEAT WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM MONDAY MORNING
THROUGH WEDNESDAY EVENING...
* VISIBILITY...One quarter mile or less. Dense fog should lift
by 9 AM PDT this morning.
* Temperature...93 to 108 across the far interior portions of
the coastal zones. Low temperatures will range from the mid
60s to mid 70s. The warmest overnight lows will occur across
the foothill locations.
* IMPACTS...The very high temperatures create a dangerous
situation in which heat related illnesses are possible.
Temperatures inside vehicles, even if the windows are
partially open, can quickly rise to life-threatening levels.