- Flash Flood Watch for San Luis Obispo County Central Coast County, California
- Flash Flood Watch issued March 22 at 1:30PM PDT until March 22 at 5:00PM PDT by NWS
- Effective: Thursday, March 22, 2018 at 1:30 p.m.
- Expires: Thursday, March 22, 2018 at 5 p.m.
...FLASH FLOOD WATCH FOR THE RECENT BURN AREAS OF SOUTHWESTERN
.A powerful storm system will continue to bring periods of
moderate to heavy showers along with a slight chance of
thunderstorms to southwest California at times. Flash flooding
and mud and debris flows are possible in and around recent burn
areas in the watch area.
...FLASH FLOOD WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 5 PM PDT THIS
The Flash Flood Watch continues for
* The recent burn areas of San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara, and
Ventura Counties. The flash flood watch is no longer in effect
for non-burn areas.
* Until 5 PM PDT this afternoon
* Rainfall rates near 0.50 inch per hour are possible with showers
this afternoon. There is a slight chance of thunderstorms into
the evening with brief heavy downpours.
* Rainfall of this intensity can produce dangerous mud and debris
flows near recent burn areas. In addition, creeks and normally
dry washes could rapidly rise above bankfull.