- Flood Advisory for San Luis Obispo County Central Coast County, California
- Flood Advisory issued March 22 at 8:19PM PDT until March 26 at 10:00PM PDT by NWS
- Effective: Friday, March 23, 2018 at noon
- Expires: Monday, March 26, 2018 at 10 p.m.
The National Weather Service in OXNARD has issued a
* Flood Advisory for...
Eastern Santa Barbara County in southwestern California...
Southeastern San Luis Obispo County in southwestern California...
* Until 1115 PM PDT
* At 805 PM PDT, Doppler radar and automated rain gauges indicated moderate
to locally heavy showers moving into eastern Santa Barbara County and
southeast San Luis Obispo County, with additional heavy showers offshore.
These storms have a history of producing brief heavy downpours, capable
of rates between 0.20 and 0.40 inches in a 30 minute time period.
There is still a slight chance of thunderstorms this evening which
could produce locally higher rates.
* These additional heavy downpours on top of very wet grounds will likely
cause roadway flooding across portions of the advisory area. Portions of
highways 101, 154, 166, and 192 will be at risk for additional roadway
flooding with some of these heavier showers. In addition, minor debris
flows are possible if heavier storms drift into the Whittier and Thomas
* Some locations that could experience flooding include...
Carrizo Plain...Lake Cachuma...as well as the Thomas and
Whittier burn areas.