- Flood Advisory for San Luis Obispo County Central Coast County, California
- Flood Advisory issued May 01 at 4:19PM PDT until May 01 at 7:00PM PDT by NWS
- Effective: Tuesday, May 1, 2018 at 4:04 p.m.
- Expires: Tuesday, May 1, 2018 at 7 p.m.
The National Weather Service in OXNARD has issued a
* Urban and Small Stream Flood Advisory for...
Santa Barbara County in southwestern California...
Southeastern San Luis Obispo County in southwestern California...
* Until 715 PM PDT
* At 410 PM PDT, Doppler radar indicated moderate to heavy showers
with isolated thunderstorms across portions of central and eastern
Santa Barbara counties, as well as southeast San Luis Obispo
County. These storms have a history of producing brief heavy
downpours, with local rates of 0.20 inches in a 15 minute time period,
or 0.30 inches in a 30 minute time period. These brief heavy downpours
could cause pockets of urban roadway flooding, especially in low lying
areas, as well as the potential for minor debris flows in the Whittier,
Thomas, and Alamo burn areas. The evening commute could be impacted by
these heavier downpours, including the Santa Barbara area.
* Some locations that could experience flooding include...
Figueroa Mountain, Lake Cachuma, Whittier Burn Area, Thomas Burn Area, and
Alamo Burn Area.