- Freeze Warning for San Luis Obispo County Central Coast County, California
- Freeze Warning issued December 06 at 12:36AM PST until December 06 at 9:00AM PST by NWS
- Effective: Wednesday, December 6, 2017 at 1 a.m.
- Expires: Wednesday, December 6, 2017 at 9 a.m.
...EXTENDED PERIOD OF MODERATE TO STRONG SANTA ANA WINDS THROUGH
FRIDAY WITH PERIODS OF DAMAGING WINDS...
...FREEZE WARNINGS TONIGHT INTO WEDNESDAY MORNING FOR WIND
.A strong surface high over the Great Basin will bring an
extended period of moderate to strong Santa Ana winds to
Southwest California through Friday. Winds are expected to weaken
slightly today then increase again tonight and Thursday and
continue through Friday. During the stronger periods damaging wind
gusts of 60 to 80 mph will be likely across the mountains, and
damaging gusts up to 60 mph will be possible across wind prone
portions of the valleys in western Los Angeles and eastern Ventura
The influx of cold and very dry air will allow temperatures
overnight to drop below freezing again early this morning across
wind sheltered portions of of San Luis Obispo and Santa Barbara
Counties as well as the Ojai Valley.
...FREEZE WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 9 AM PST THIS MORNING...
* TEMPERATURES...Dropping to between 28 and 35 degrees for two to
four hours for areas away from the coast early this morning.
* IMPACTS...A freeze can damage crops and sensitive vegetation,
and harm outdoor pets and livestock. Extended exposure to cold
can cause hypothermia.