- Beach Hazards Statement for Santa Barbara County Central Coast County, California
- Beach Hazards Statement issued July 06 at 2:57AM PDT until July 06 at 8:00PM PDT by NWS
- Effective: Friday, July 6, 2018 at 2:57 a.m.
- Expires: Friday, July 6, 2018 at 8 p.m.
.The large southerly swell from Hurricane Fabio will continue to
subside heading into this weekend. High Surf is expected for Los
Angeles and Ventura County beaches today, highest on exposed
south facing beaches. Other beaches will also experience elevated
surf during this period.
...BEACH HAZARDS STATEMENT REMAINS IN EFFECT THROUGH THIS
* HAZARDS AND TIMING...Elevated surf is expected today. Surf will
be highest on beaches with exposure to south swells such as
Rincon Point. Strong rip currents are likely, along with
possible sneaker waves.
* TIDES...there will be forecasted high tides near 5 feet today
from around 3:30 PM to 4:30 PM PDT.
* IMPACTS...There is an increased risk for ocean drowning. Rip
currents can pull swimmers and surfers out to sea. Large
breaking waves can cause injury...wash people off beaches and
rocks...and capsize small boats near shore.