- Beach Hazards Statement for Santa Barbara County Central Coast County, California
- Beach Hazards Statement issued January 20 at 4:36PM PST until January 20 at 9:00PM PST by NWS
- Effective: Saturday, January 20, 2018 at 4:36 p.m.
- Expires: Saturday, January 20, 2018 at 9 p.m.
...DAMAGING WARNING LEVEL SURF WILL CONTINUE TO AFFECT THE
CENTRAL COAST THROUGH THIS EVENING...
...HIGH SURF WILL AFFECT WEST AND NORTHWEST FACING BEACHES SOUTH
OF POINT CONCEPTION THROUGH THIS EVENING...
...BEACH HAZARDS STATEMENT REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 9 PM PST THIS
* HAZARDS...Surf of 3 to 6 feet with local sets to 7 feet is
expected on west facing beaches through this evening.
* IMPACTS...There is an increased risk for drowning. Rip
currents can pull swimmers and surfers out to sea. Large
breaking waves can wash people off beaches and rocks...and
capsize small boats near shore.