- Fire Weather Watch for Santa Barbara County Central Coast County, California
- Fire Weather Watch issued December 19 at 9:45AM PST until December 21 at 10:00AM PST by NWS
- Effective: Wednesday, December 20, 2017 at 6 p.m.
- Expires: Thursday, December 21, 2017 at 10 a.m.
...FIRE WEATHER WATCH IN EFFECT FROM EARLY THURSDAY THROUGH FRIDAY
MORNING FOR GUSTY WINDS AND LOW RELATIVE HUMIDITY OVER MUCH OF LOS
ANGELES AND VENTURA COUNTIES...
...FIRE WEATHER WATCH IN EFFECT FROM WEDNESDAY EVENING THROUGH
THURSDAY MORNING FOR GUSTY WINDS AND LOW RELATIVE HUMIDITY OVER THE
SANTA BARBARA COUNTY MOUNTAINS AND SOUTH COAST...
.A low pressure system passing through Nevada on Wednesday will
result in moderate to strong Sundowner Winds across the wind
prone areas of Santa Barbara County by Wednesday evening...
including the Thomas Fire. While humidities should stay above
15 percent, extremely dry fuels and the strong winds can still
produce erratic fire behavior. The flow turns to northeasterly on
Thursday and continues into early Friday, which will focus the
winds over Los Angeles and Ventura Counties. Humidities will dry
through the day on Thursday and a few hours of critical conditions
are likely, especially Thursday afternoon and evening.
...FIRE WEATHER WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM WEDNESDAY EVENING
THROUGH THURSDAY MORNING FOR WIND AND LOW RELATIVE HUMIDITY FOR
THE SANTA BARBARA COUNTY MOUNTAINS AND SOUTH COAST...
* Winds...Northwest to northeast 15 to 30 mph with gusts to 50
mph. Isolated gusts to 60 mph are possible. Strongest Wednesday
* Relative Humidity...Lowering to 20 to 40 percent.
* Impacts...If fire ignition occurs, conditions are favorable for
extreme fire behavior which would threaten life and property.
Use extreme caution with potential fire ignition sources.