- Flash Flood Watch for Santa Barbara County Central Coast County, California
- Flash Flood Watch issued January 09 at 6:42AM PST until January 09 at 10:00PM PST by NWS
- Effective: Tuesday, January 9, 2018 at 6:42 a.m.
- Expires: Tuesday, January 9, 2018 at 10 p.m.
...FLASH FLOODING POSSIBLE FOR MUCH OF SANTA BARBARA, VENTURA,
AND LOS ANGELES COUNTIES...
.While the recent burn areas are most threatened and should be
emphasized, flash flooding is possible nearly anywhere in Santa
Barbara, Ventura, and Los Angeles Counties through this evening.
Showers and isolated thunderstorms are expected through this
evening with periods of very heavy rain. Rainfall rates between
one half and one inch per hour are possible. Such rain rates are
capable of producing flash flooding. Recent burn areas will be
especially vulnerable where dangerous mud and debris flows are
...FLASH FLOOD WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT THROUGH THIS EVENING...
The Flash Flood Watch continues for
* A portion of southwest California, including the following
areas, Santa Barbara County Mountains, Santa Barbara County
South Coast, Santa Ynez Valley, Ventura County Coast, Ventura
County Coastal Valleys, Ventura County Interior Valleys, and
Ventura County Mountains.
* Through this evening
* Rainfall rates of half inch to one inch per hour are expected.
* Rainfall of this intensity can produce dangerous flash
flooding. Mud and debris flows near recent fires are of
particular concern...especially the Thomas, Whittier, and
Sherpa burn areas.