- Flood Advisory for Santa Barbara County Central Coast County, California
- Flood Advisory issued September 11 at 12:17AM PDT by NWS
- Effective: Monday, September 11, 2017 at 12:17 a.m.
- Expires: Monday, September 11, 2017 at 2:15 a.m.
The National Weather Service in OXNARD has issued a
* Flood Advisory for...
Northern Santa Barbara County in southwestern California...
Southern San Luis Obispo County in southwestern California...
...Including the Alamo burn area...
* Until 215 AM PDT
* At 1205 AM PDT, Doppler radar indicated that widespread showers
and thunderstorms have spread back into northern Santa Barbara
County, including the Alamo burn area. There were heavy downpours
at times with these storms. The showers and storms were moving
west at 40 mph. The fast movement of the showers will generally
keep heavy downpours brief in nature, but storms will continue
to train over the area through 215 AM PDT. Widespread ponding of
water is expected on area roadways with local flooding of low lying
areas and intersections. In addition, minor mud and debris flows
are possible in and below the Alamo burn area.
* Some locations that will experience flooding include...
Santa Maria...Arroyo Grande...Nipomo...Cuyama...Orcutt...
Grover Beach...Guadalupe...Oceano...Highway 166 between
Twitchell Dam and the Cuyama Valley and the Alamo burn area.