- Freeze Watch for Santa Barbara County Central Coast County, California
- Freeze Watch issued February 23 at 9:47AM PST until February 24 at 9:00AM PST by NWS
- Effective: Saturday, February 24, 2018 at 1 a.m.
- Expires: Saturday, February 24, 2018 at 9 a.m.
...GUSTY WINDS WILL CONTINUE ACROSS PORTIONS OF SOUTHWESTERN
CALIFORNIA THROUGH THIS EVENING...
...SUB-FREEZING TEMPERATURES POSSIBLE TONIGHT AND EARLY SATURDAY
...WIND ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 9 PM PST THIS EVENING...
...FREEZE WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM LATE TONIGHT THROUGH
* WINDS AND TIMING...Northwest winds 15 to 25 mph with gusts up
to 40 mph will develop this afternoon and continue through
* TEMPERATURE...Temperatures will drop to between 29 and 32
degrees late tonight and early Saturday morning.
* Impacts...A freeze can kill crops and sensitive vegetation,
and harm outdoor pets and livestock. Extended exposure to cold
can cause hypothermia.