- Freeze Watch for Santa Barbara County Central Coast County, California
- Freeze Watch issued December 20 at 2:54AM PST until December 21 at 9:00AM PST by NWS
- Effective: Thursday, December 21, 2017 at midnight
- Expires: Thursday, December 21, 2017 at 9 a.m.
...GUSTY WINDS TO REDEVELOP ACROSS PORTIONS OF SOUTHWEST
CALIFORNIA TODAY THROUGH THURSDAY...
...COLD OVERNIGHT TEMPERATURES EXPECTED FOR AREAS NORTH OF POINT
.A tightening pressure gradient with a cold frontal boundary will
bring gusty winds to the region today through Thursday. Winds
will be onshore during the day today, then shift to a more
northerly direction on this afternoon and tonight. Gusty Santa
Ana winds are expected to develop late tonight and continue into
A cold air mass settling into the region Wednesday night will
bring sub-freezing temperatures to areas north of Point
Conception, including the interior valleys.
...FREEZE WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM LATE TONIGHT THROUGH
* TEMPERATURE...Temperatures will fall into the upper 20s to mid
30s tonight and remain near or below freezing through Thursday
* IMPACTS...A hard freeze can kill crops and sensitive
vegetation, and harm outdoor pets and livestock. Extended
exposure to cold can cause hypothermia.