- High Surf Advisory for Santa Barbara County Central Coast County, California
- High Surf Advisory issued April 14 at 4:56AM PDT until April 14 at 11:00AM PDT by NWS
- Effective: Saturday, April 14, 2018 at 4:56 a.m.
- Expires: Saturday, April 14, 2018 at 11 a.m.
...HIGH SURF ADVISORY NOW IN EFFECT UNTIL 11 AM PDT THIS
* SURF...Surf 8 to 10 ft with local sets to 12 ft at west and
northwest facing beaches will linger along the Central Coast
through this morning. The surf will continue to subside through
this morning. The highest surf is expected a t west and
northwest facing beaches, including Morro Bay State Beaches and
the Oceano and Guadalupe Dunes.
* IMPACTS...There is an increased risk for ocean drowning. Rip
currents can pull swimmers and surfers out to sea. Large
breaking waves can cause injury...wash people off beaches and
rocks...and capsize small boats near shore.