- High Surf Advisory for Santa Barbara County Central Coast County, California
- High Surf Advisory issued January 20 at 8:16PM PST until January 21 at 4:00AM PST by NWS
- Effective: Saturday, January 20, 2018 at 8:16 p.m.
- Expires: Sunday, January 21, 2018 at 4 a.m.
...HIGH SURF ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 4 AM PST SUNDAY...
The National Weather Service in Los Angeles/Oxnard has issued a
High Surf Advisory, which is in effect until 4 AM PST Sunday. The
High Surf Warning has been cancelled.
* SURF AND TIMING...Surf of 8 to 12 feet will continue through
late tonight, subsiding to 6 to 9 feet by Sunday. The highest
surf will be on west to northwest facing beaches.
* Outlook...Another long period NW swell will move into the waters
late Sunday night, with high surf likely again by early Monday
morning. Surf is expected to build to 8 to 12 feet on Monday
and persist through Monday evening.
* Impacts...Large, powerful waves with strong currents will create
an increased risk of drownings. Sneaker waves can suddenly wash
over previously dry beaches and jetties. There will be also a
high risk of rip currents. There is an increased threat of minor