- High Wind Warning for Santa Barbara County Central Coast County, California
- High Wind Warning issued April 13 at 6:08AM PDT until April 13 at 12:00PM PDT by NWS
- Effective: Friday, April 13, 2018 at 6:08 a.m.
- Expires: Friday, April 13, 2018 at noon
...Strong and damaging northerly winds expected across portions
of Southwest California this morning...
.Strong north winds will weaken as they continue to turn
northeast this morning, likely dropping below advisory levels for
most areas by this afternoon. The strong winds this morning may
still be capable of knocking down branches and powerlines,
possibly resulting in power outages, mainly across wind prone
mountain and adjacent foothill locations.
...HIGH WIND WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL NOON PDT TODAY...
* WINDS AND TIMING...North winds 25 to 40 mph with damaging gusts
of 50 to 60 mph likely this morning.
* Impacts...Winds this strong may down trees and power lines,
causing property damage or power outages. Cross winds can make
driving difficult, especially for drivers of high profile
vehicles and vehicles towing trailers. Highway 101, 154, and
192 will be impacted by the strong winds.