- High Wind Watch for Santa Barbara County Central Coast County, California
- High Wind Watch issued January 07 at 9:38AM PST until January 09 at 7:00AM PST by NWS
- Effective: Monday, January 8, 2018 at noon
- Expires: Tuesday, January 9, 2018 at 7 a.m.
...STRONG AND POTENTIALLY DAMAGING WINDS ACROSS INTERIOR PORTIONS
OF SOUTHWEST CALIFORNIA MONDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH TUESDAY
.South to southwest winds will strengthen in advance of a strong
cold front moving through southwest California Monday afternoon
through Tuesday morning. Damaging wind gusts up to 60 mph will be
possible across much of the watch area; however gusts up to
70 mph will be possible across the mountains, including
Interstate 5 near the grapevine. A winter storm watch has been
issued for the mountains of Los Angeles and Ventura counties
which addresses the potentially damaging winds for those areas.
...HIGH WIND WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM MONDAY AFTERNOON
THROUGH TUESDAY MORNING...
* TIMING...Strongest winds expected Monday night.
* WINDS...South winds 30 to 45 mph with damaging gusts to 70 mph
* IMPACTS...Winds this strong may down trees and power lines,
causing property damage or power outages. Cross winds can make
driving difficult, especially for drivers of high profile
vehicles and vehicles towing trailers. Highway 154 will likely
be impacted by the strong winds. In addition, the strong winds
could also cause considerable blowing ash across the recent
burn areas in advance of the heavier rainfall.