- Red Flag Warning for Santa Barbara County Central Coast County, California
- Red Flag Warning issued June 10 at 2:57PM PDT until June 11 at 10:00AM PDT by NWS
- Effective: Sunday, June 10, 2018 at 2:57 p.m.
- Expires: Monday, June 11, 2018 at 10 a.m.
...RED FLAG WARNING FOR GUSTY NORTH WINDS AND LOW RELATIVE
HUMIDITY OVER SOUTHERN SANTA BARBARA COUNTY THROUGH MONDAY
.A tight northerly pressure gradient will continue to generate
gusty north winds across portions of Southwest California through
early Monday. The most critical fire weather conditions will be
across the Santa Barbara county south coast and mountains where a
Red Flag Warning remains in effect through 10 am Monday.
Sundowner winds gusting between 40 and 50 mph will combine with
drying conditions as humidities lower to between 8 and
20 percent. Winds will decrease rapidly on Monday over Santa
Barbara County. Other portion of southwest California will see
elevated to brief critical fire weather conditions today due to
the gusty northerly winds, warm temperatures, and low humidities.
...RED FLAG WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 10 AM PDT MONDAY FOR
GUSTY NORTH WINDS AND LOW RELATIVE HUMIDITY FOR SANTA BARBARA
SOUTH COAST AND MOUNTAINS...
* Winds...North winds 20 to 35 mph with gusts between 40 and 50
mph. The winds will be strongest through and below western
portions of the Santa Ynez Range and south coast.
* Relative Humidity...Humidities between 8 and 20 percent, mainly
foothills and wind prone areas.
* Impacts...If fire ignition occurs, conditions are favorable
for extreme fire behavior and rapid fire spread which would
threaten life and property. Use extreme caution with potential