- Red Flag Warning for Santa Barbara County Central Coast County, California
- Red Flag Warning issued December 20 at 2:23PM PST until December 21 at 10:00AM PST by NWS
- Effective: Wednesday, December 20, 2017 at 6 p.m.
- Expires: Thursday, December 21, 2017 at 10 a.m.
...RED FLAG WARNING IN EFFECT FROM THIS EVENING THROUGH THURSDAY
MORNING FOR GUSTY WINDS AND LOW RELATIVE HUMIDITY OVER THE SANTA
BARBARA COUNTY MOUNTAINS AND SOUTH COAST...
...RED FLAG WARNING IN EFFECT FROM EARLY THURSDAY THROUGH FRIDAY
MORNING FOR GUSTY WINDS AND LOW RELATIVE HUMIDITY OVER MUCH OF LOS
ANGELES AND VENTURA COUNTIES...
.A strong low pressure trough pushing across the Great Basin
and a cold front over the fire district will bring gusty northwest
winds this evening, then transition to a Sundowner and strong
north winds down the I-5 corridor to the Santa Monica Mountains
overnight. This will bring significant wind gusts of 40-60 mph to
the Thomas Fire this evening into Thursday morning. While
humidities start off above 50 percent in most areas, they will
drop to the 20-35 percent range later this evening and overnight.
The flow will turn northeasterly early Thursday morning and
continue into early Friday, which will focus the winds over Los
Angeles and Ventura Counties. Humidities will quickly dry into the
teens and local single digits on Thursday along with poor
overnight recoveries Thursday night, then winds will decrease on
...RED FLAG WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 6 PM THIS EVENING TO
10 AM PST THURSDAY FOR WIND AND LOW RELATIVE HUMIDITY OVER THE
SANTA BARBARA COUNTY MOUNTAINS AND SOUTH COAST...
* Winds...North 20 to 30 mph with gusts to 50 mph. Isolated gusts
to 60 mph possible in the foothills above Montecito.
* Relative Humidity...Lowering to 20 to 35 percent overnight.
* Impacts...If fire ignition occurs, conditions are favorable
for extreme fire behavior which would threaten life and
property. Use extreme caution with potential fire ignition