- Flood Watch for Shasta Lake Area, Northern Shasta County County, California
- Flood Watch issued April 04 at 2:44PM PDT until April 08 at 9:00AM PDT by NWS
- Effective: Friday, April 6, 2018 at 11:30 p.m.
- Expires: Sunday, April 8, 2018 at 9 a.m.
...Moderate to Heavy Rainfall Friday Through Saturday...
.A strong atmospheric river will bring wet weather Thursday into
the weekend. Snow levels will initially be well above pass levels,
bringing rain across the area, including the mountains. Some snow
melt is possible due to the rainfall and warm temperatures.
Stream and creek levels are expected to rise, and could cause
local flooding. Ponding on roads is also possible, as well as rock
and mud slides.
...FLOOD WATCH IN EFFECT FROM FRIDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH SUNDAY
The National Weather Service in Sacramento has issued a
* Flood Watch for a portion of northern California...including
the following areas...Burney Basin / Eastern Shasta County...
Carquinez Strait and Delta...Central Sacramento Valley...Clear
Lake/Southern Lake County...Motherlode...Mountains
Southwestern Shasta County to Northern Lake County...Northeast
Foothills/Sacramento Valley...Northern Sacramento Valley...
Northern San Joaquin Valley...Shasta Lake Area / Northern
Shasta County...Southern Sacramento Valley...West Slope
Northern Sierra Nevada and Western Plumas County/Lassen Park.
* Rain will begin Thursday and continue into early Sunday
morning. Heaviest precipitation expected Friday night through
* A total of 1 to 3 inches of rain is possible in the Valley, 3 to
7 inches in the foothills and mountains.
* Impacts...Roadway and small stream flooding possible across
northern interior California. Mud and rock slides are also
possible. During periods of heavy rain ponding of water on
roadways is possible. Moderate rises will occur on mainstem and
mountain rivers, streams and some weirs.