- Red Flag Warning for Shasta Lake Area, Northern Shasta County County, California
- Red Flag Warning issued June 22 at 2:29PM PDT until June 24 at 8:00PM PDT by NWS
- Effective: Saturday, June 23, 2018 at midnight
- Expires: Sunday, June 24, 2018 at 8 p.m.
...Gusty wind and low humidity tonight through Sunday...
.Well above normal temperatures combined with gusty northerly
wind and low humidity will lead to critical fire weather
conditions this weekend. The strongest winds are expected in the
Sacramento Valley, west of Interstate 5, extending into the
Coastal Range. Locally gusty wind is also expected through the
Northeast Foothills of the Sacramento Valley and Motherlode.
Daytime humidities will be in the single digits and teens with
widespread moderate to poor overnight humidity recovery.
Cooler temperatures with higher humidity and lighter wind
expected early next week.
...RED FLAG WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM MIDNIGHT TONIGHT TO
8 PM PDT SUNDAY FOR GUSTY WIND AND LOW HUMIDITY FOR FIRE WEATHER
ZONES 213, 215, 216, 217, 218, 219, 220, 263, 264, 266, 267, AND
* WIND...Northerly wind 10 to 25 mph with gusts up to 35 mph,
strongest on the west side of the Sacramento Valley extending
into the Coastal Range.
* HUMIDITY...Daytime minimum humidity as low as 6-12 percent with
areas of maximum humidity recovery of only 20-35 percent RH.
* IMPACTS...Any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly.
Outdoor burning is not recommended.
Interact with us via social media