- Red Flag Warning for Shasta County, California
- Red Flag Warning issued October 11 at 3:35PM PDT until October 12 at 5:00PM PDT by NWS
- Effective: Wednesday, October 11, 2017 at 3:35 p.m.
- Expires: Thursday, October 12, 2017 at 5 p.m.
...Gusty Winds and Low Humidity into Thursday...
.Critical fire weather conditions over interior Northern
California will continue into Thursday. Although the wind will
not be as strong as Sunday and Sunday night, the dry northerly
winds could rapidly spread current and new wildfire activity.
...RED FLAG WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 5 PM PDT THURSDAY FOR
...Minor Fluctuations on the Lower Sacramento River System....FOR
FIRE WEATHER ZONES 213, 215, 216, 217, 218, 219, 263, 264, AND
* AFFECTED AREA...Fire weather zone 213. Fire weather zone 215.
Fire weather zone 216. Fire weather zone 217. Fire weather zone
218. Fire weather zone 219. Fire weather zone 263. Fire weather
zone 264. Fire weather zone 279.
* WIND...North to Northeast 10 to 25 mph with gusts 30 to 40
* HUMIDITY...Poor overnight recovery between 30 to 35 percent west
side of the Sacramento Valley and surrounding foothills, and as
low as 8 to 12 percent on Thursday.
* HIGHEST THREAT...Most critical areas of concern are along the
western half of the Sacramento Valley, and surrounding
* IMPACTS...Any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly,
especially over elevated terrain overnight. Outdoor burning
is not recommended.
Interact with us via social media