- Red Flag Warning for Shasta County, California
- Red Flag Warning issued June 24 at 3:30AM PDT until June 24 at 8:00PM PDT by NWS
- Effective: Sunday, June 24, 2018 at 3:30 a.m.
- Expires: Sunday, June 24, 2018 at 8 p.m.
...Gusty wind and low humidity today...
.Hot temperatures again today combined with locally gusty wind and
low humidity will continue areas of increased fire potential.
Strongest winds forecast in the Sacramento Valley, west of
Interstate 5, extending into the Coastal Range. Locally gusty wind
is also possible through the Northeast Foothills of the
Sacramento Valley and Motherlode. Areas of moderate to poor
humidity recoveries occur again this morning with minimum
humidities this afternoon in the single digits and teens.
Cooler temperatures with higher humidity expected Monday.
...RED FLAG WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 8 PM PDT THIS EVENING
FOR GUSTY WIND AND LOW HUMIDITY FOR FIRE WEATHER ZONES 213, 215,
216, 217, 218, 219, 220, 263, 264, 266, 267, AND 279...
* WIND...Northerly wind 10 to 15 mph with gusts up to 25 mph,
strongest this morning on the west side of the Sacramento
Valley extending into the Coastal Range.
* HUMIDITY...Daytime minimum humidity as low as 4-12 percent with
areas of maximum humidity recovery of only 20-40 percent.
* IMPACTS...Any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly.
Outdoor burning is not recommended.
Interact with us via social media