- Fire Weather Watch for Sierra County, California
- Fire Weather Watch issued September 06 at 3:10AM PDT until September 07 at 11:00PM PDT by NWS
- Effective: Wednesday, September 6, 2017 at 2 p.m.
- Expires: Thursday, September 7, 2017 at 11 p.m.
...ABUNDANT LIGHTNING POSSIBLE THIS AFTERNOON THROUGH THURSDAY
A robust upper level weather system off the California coast
will move inland tonight into Thursday, and bring the potential
for scattered to numerous thunderstorms across the region.
Abundant lightning strikes and gusty, erratic winds may accompany
these thunderstorms. The combination of frequent lightning and
very dry fuels may cause critical fire weather conditions.
...FIRE WEATHER WATCH IN EFFECT FROM 2 PM PDT THIS AFTERNOON
THROUGH THURSDAY EVENING FOR ABUNDANT LIGHTNING FOR FIRE WEATHER
ZONES 213, 214, 215, 216, 263, 266, 267, 268, 269, AND 279...
The National Weather Service in Sacramento has issued a Fire
Weather Watch, which is in effect from 2 PM PDT this afternoon
through Thursday evening.
* AFFECTED AREA...Fire weather zones 213, 214, 215, 216, 263, 266,
267, 268, 269, and 279.
* THUNDERSTORMS...Scattered to numerous thunderstorms will be
possible with some wetting rain. Lightning may strike outside of
* OUTFLOW WINDS...Gusty, erratic winds are expected near any
thunderstorms that develop, perhaps to as strong as 40 mph.
* TIMING...this afternoon through Thursday evening. The most
widespread thunderstorms are expected late Wednesday night
through Thursday afternoon.
* IMPACTS...any fires that develop from lightning strikes will
likely spread rapidly.
Interact with us via social media