- Red Flag Warning for Sierra County, California
- Red Flag Warning issued October 09 at 2:25AM PDT until October 09 at 5:00PM PDT by NWS
- Effective: Monday, October 9, 2017 at 2:25 a.m.
- Expires: Monday, October 9, 2017 at 5 p.m.
...Strong Winds and Low Humidity Today...
.Gusty north to northeast wind and low humidity will continue
critical fire weather conditions over Interior Northern California
today. Wind expected to decrease this afternoon with lighter wind
tonight into Tuesday.
...RED FLAG WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 5 PM PDT THIS
AFTERNOON FOR FIRE WEATHER ZONES 220, 221, 267, 268, AND 269...
* WIND...North to Northeast 20 to 40 mph with gusts up to 55 mph.
Wind decreasing in the afternoon.
* HUMIDITY...Overnight recoveries between 25 and 50 percent with
Daytime minimum humidity between 7 and 19 percent.
* HIGHEST THREAT...Most critical areas of concern across exposed
ridges and through wind-aligned drainages.
* IMPACTS...Any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly.
Outdoor burning is not recommended.
Interact with us via social media