- Fire Weather Watch for Southeastern San Joaquin Valley County, California
- Fire Weather Watch issued July 06 at 1:35AM PDT until July 07 at 5:00PM PDT by NWS
- Effective: Friday, July 6, 2018 at 5 a.m.
- Expires: Saturday, July 7, 2018 at 5 p.m.
...A Fire Weather Watch in effect late tonight into Saturday for
Portions of the Kern County Mountains due to very low humidity,
hot temperatures and breezy winds...
.A ridge of high pressure will situate itself over the West Coast
through the weekend. This pattern will provide a prolonged period
of single digit humidity and hot temperatures across the
mountains above 3000 feet. These conditions will persist from
late tonight through the weekend.
...FIRE WEATHER WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 5 AM PDT EARLY THIS
MORNING THROUGH SATURDAY AFTERNOON FOR VERY LOW HUMIDITY FOR FIRE
WEATHER ZONE 295...
* AFFECTED AREA...Fire weather zone 295 (The Kern County
* WIND...West to Northwest 6-10 mph across the slopes and 8-14
mph over the ridges.
* HUMIDITY...Daytime humidity in the single digits with poor
overnight recovery reaching to near 20 percent.
* THUNDERSTORMS...Minimal threat of thunderstorm activity. The
region will remain dry during the period with occasional
* IMPACTS...Any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly.
Outdoor burning is not recommended.