- High Wind Warning for Southeastern San Joaquin Valley County, California
- High Wind Warning issued April 16 at 1:53PM PDT until April 17 at 3:00AM PDT by NWS
- Effective: Monday, April 16, 2018 at 1:53 p.m.
- Expires: Tuesday, April 17, 2018 at 3 a.m.
...HIGH WIND WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 3 AM PDT TUESDAY...
* TIMING...The strongest winds are expected right below the
mountain passes through this evening. Winds will decrease by
early Tuesday morning.
* WINDS...West 25 to 45 mph with gusts of 65 to 75 mph,
especially right below the mountain passes. Highways affected
include 178 below Walker Pass and Highway 58 below Tehachapi
Pass in the vicinity of Mojave.
* IMPACTS...Areas of blowing dust and sand with locally poor
visibility. Possible power outages. Unsecured objects such as
lawn and patio furniture could be blown away. High profile
vehicles could be steered off road by strong cross winds.