- High Wind Watch for Southeastern San Joaquin Valley County, California
- High Wind Watch issued April 15 at 7:57PM PDT until April 16 at 10:00PM PDT by NWS
- Effective: Monday, April 16, 2018 at 11 a.m.
- Expires: Monday, April 16, 2018 at 10 p.m.
...HIGH WIND WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM MONDAY MORNING THROUGH
* TIMING...The strongest winds are expected right below the
mountain passes from midday Monday into the early evening
* WINDS...West 25 to 45 mph with gusts of 65 to 75 mph right
below the mountain passes. Highways affected include 178 below
Walker Pass and Highway 58 below Tehachapi Pass in the
vicinity of Mojave.
* IMPACTS...Areas of blowing dust and sand with locally poor
visibility. Possible power outages...Unsecured objects such as
lawn and patio furniture could be blown away...High profile
vehicles could be steered off road by strong cross winds.