- Red Flag Warning for Sutter County, California
- Red Flag Warning issued September 02 at 5:13AM PDT until September 02 at 8:00AM PDT by NWS
- Effective: Saturday, September 2, 2017 at 5:13 a.m.
- Expires: Saturday, September 2, 2017 at 8 a.m.
...VERY WARM AND DRY CONDITIONS WITH LOCALLY GUSTY WINDS INTO
.Very strong high pressure has brought a prolonged period of very
hot and dry weather. Low humidity and locally breezy
northwesterly winds are causing critical fire weather conditions
over the Coastal Range, west side of the Sacramento Valley and
surrounding northern and northeastern foothills.
...RED FLAG WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 8 AM PDT THIS MORNING
FOR GUSTY WINDS AND LOW HUMIDITY FOR FIRE WEATHER ZONES 213, 215,
216, 263, 264, 266, AND 279...
* AFFECTED AREA...Fire weather zone 213.Fire weather zone
215.Fire weather zone 216.Fire weather zone 263.Fire weather
zone 264.Fire weather zone 266.Fire weather zone 279.
* WIND...north to northwest winds 5 to 15 mph.
* HUMIDITY...Humidity recovery only to 20 to 30 percent this
* IMPACTS...Any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly.
Outdoor burning is not recommended.
Interact with us via social media