- Flood Watch for Tehama County, California
- Flood Watch issued April 07 at 3:57AM PDT by NWS
- Effective: Sunday, April 8, 2018 at 5 p.m.
- Expires: Saturday, April 7, 2018 at 9:14 p.m.
...Moderate to Heavy Rainfall continuing today...
.A strong for the season Pacific frontal system with a tropical
moisture tap will bring continued moderate to occasionally heavy
rainfall to Northern California this morning. Showers are expected
this afternoon. Snow levels will initially be well above pass
levels and some snow melt is likely due to the rainfall and warm
temperatures. Stream and creek levels are expected to rise, and
could cause local flooding. Ponding on roads is also possible, as
well as rock and mud slides.
...FLOOD WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT THROUGH THIS AFTERNOON...
The Flood Watch continues for
* A portion of northern California...including the following
areas...Burney Basin / Eastern Shasta County...Carquinez
Strait and Delta...Central Sacramento Valley...Clear
Lake/Southern Lake County...Mountains Southwestern Shasta
County to Northern Lake County...Northeast
Foothills/Sacramento Valley...Northern Sacramento Valley...
Shasta Lake Area / Northern Shasta County...Southern
Sacramento Valley and Western Plumas County/Lassen Park.
* Through this afternoon
* Steady rainfall will be ending this morning over the valley with
a few tenths of an inch of additional rainfall possible. One to
two inches of additional rain is possible over the Sierra
* Impacts...Roadway and small stream flooding possible across
northern interior California. Mud and rock slides are also
possible. During periods of heavy rain ponding of water on
roadways is possible. Moderate rises will occur on mainstem
and mountain rivers, streams and some weirs.