- Flood Warning for Tulare County Foothills County, California
- Flood Warning issued March 22 at 9:34PM PDT until March 23 at 2:20PM PDT by NWS
- Effective: Thursday, March 22, 2018 at 11:15 p.m.
- Expires: Friday, March 23, 2018 at 2:20 p.m.
...The National Weather Service in Hanford has issued a flood warning
for the following rivers in California...
Bear Creek at Mckee Road
.Heavy rainfall over the last few days has led to a sharp rise along
Bear Creek in the city of Merced, and it is forecast to rise above
flood stage later tonight.
Forecasts are based on present and forecasted meteorological and
hydrologic conditions at time of issuance.
The National Weather Service in Hanford has issued a
* Flood Warning for
the Bear Creek at Mckee Road.
* until Friday afternoon...or until the warning is cancelled.
* At 8:45 PM Thursday the stage was 20.9 feet
* Minor Flooding is forecast.
* Expected to rise above flood stage of 23.0 FT tonight then
forecast to rise to near 24.0 FT after midnight tomorrow then
forecast to fall below flood stage of 23.0 FT tomorrow morning then
forecast to fall below monitor stage of 17.0 FT Saturday afternoon
then forecast to recede to near 5.0 FT Tuesday morning then
forecast to fluctuate near 5.0 FT thru Tuesday morning.
* Flood Stage 23.0 ft
* Monitor Stage 17.0 ft
* IMPACT...Near 23.0 feet, The beechwood subdivision and the trailer
park along the southern end of Bear Creek Drive floods in addition
to Applegate Park on the south side of Bear Creek Drive.
* IMPACT...Near 17.0 feet, Storm drains begin to back up. Street
flooding occurs primarily north of Bear Creek Drive and east of M
* IMPACT...Near 16.0 feet, South bike path along Bear Creek floods
downstream of the G Street bridge.