- Hard Freeze Watch for Ventura County Coast County, California
- Hard Freeze Watch issued February 18 at 4:30AM PST until February 20 at 9:00AM PST by NWS
- Effective: Tuesday, February 20, 2018 at 1 a.m.
- Expires: Tuesday, February 20, 2018 at 9 a.m.
...Gusty west to northwest winds through Monday evening...
...Sub-freezing low temperatures expected Monday night and Tuesday
.Gusty west to northwesterly winds are expected to develop this
afternoon and evening across sections of Southwestern California.
Across southern Santa Barbara county, including the Santa Ynez
range, northwest to north wind gusts between 35 and 45 MPH can be
expected this evening through Monday evening. Across the Antelope
Valley, westerly wind gusts up to 50 MPH can be expected from this
afternoon through Monday evening.
On Monday night and Tuesday morning, a very cold air mass will
settle over the area. Widespread sub-freezing temperatures can be
expected across portions of Ventura, Santa Barbara and Ventura
...HARD FREEZE WATCH IN EFFECT FROM LATE MONDAY NIGHT THROUGH
The National Weather Service in Los Angeles/Oxnard has issued a
Hard Freeze Watch, which is in effect from late Monday night
through Tuesday morning.
* TEMPERATURE...Low temperatures between 29 and 32 degrees are
possible across the coastal valleys Monday night and Tuesday
morning except between 24 and 28 degrees possible in the Ojai
* IMPACTS...A hard freeze can burst exposed pipes and kill crops
or sensitive vegetation. Extended exposure to cold can cause
hypothermia, including outdoor pets and livestock.