- High Surf Advisory for Ventura County Coast County, California
- High Surf Advisory issued June 13 at 12:07AM PDT until June 13 at 8:00AM PDT by NWS
- Effective: Wednesday, June 13, 2018 at 12:07 a.m.
- Expires: Wednesday, June 13, 2018 at 8 a.m.
.A long period south swell focused across south facing beaches
will gradually dissipate through today. Strong, frequent rip
currents are expected along with the high surf.
...HIGH SURF ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 8 AM PDT THIS
* SURF...Surf 3 to 6 feet with sets to 7 feet will linger through
early this morning. The highest surf will be on south facing
beaches such as Port Hueneme.
* TIDES...A high tide near 6.7 feet this evening could produce
minor tidal overflows at areas beaches. Pooling of sea water
is possible around high tide at beach and harbor areas that is
uncommon with normal tidal ranges. No significant damage is
* IMPACTS...There is an increased risk for ocean drowning. Rip
currents can pull swimmers and surfers out to sea. Large
breaking waves can cause injury...wash people off beaches and
rocks...and capsize small boats near shore.