- High Wind Warning for Ventura County Coast County, California
- High Wind Warning issued October 09 at 10:13AM PDT until October 09 at 4:00PM PDT by NWS
- Effective: Monday, October 9, 2017 at 10:13 a.m.
- Expires: Monday, October 9, 2017 at 4 p.m.
...DAMAGING WINDS OVER PORTIONS OF SOUTHWEST CALIFORNIA THROUGH
.A strong Santa Ana wind event will continue over the mountains,
and portions of the valleys and coastal areas of Ventura and Los
Angeles Counties into this afternoon. The strongest winds will be
focused in the mountains and foothills of Los Angeles and Ventura
Counties. Winds are expected to diminish some late this afternoon
and evening hours. Weaker offshore winds will continue into
...HIGH WIND WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 4 PM PDT THIS
* WINDS...Areas of northeast winds 30 to 50 mph with damaging
gusts to 70 mph will continue through this afternoon before
* IMPACTS...Winds this strong may down trees and power lines,
causing property damage or power outages. Cross winds can make
driving difficult, especially for drivers of high profile
vehicles and vehicles towing trailers. This includes the 5 and
14 freeways and Highway 33.