- High Wind Watch for Ventura County Coast County, California
- High Wind Watch issued April 10 at 9:41PM PDT until April 12 at 10:00PM PDT by NWS
- Effective: Wednesday, April 11, 2018 at 1 p.m.
- Expires: Thursday, April 12, 2018 at 10 p.m.
...Very strong northwest winds near the Grapevine and in the
Antelope Valley Wednesday afternoon through Thursday evening...
.Very strong northwest winds are expected to develop in and
around the Grapevine and Antelope Valley Wednesday afternoon
through Thursday evening. The strongest winds will be late
Wednesday night through Thursday afternoon.
...HIGH WIND WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON
THROUGH THURSDAY EVENING...
* WINDS...Northwest 25 to 40 mph with gusts between 60 and 70
mph, strongest through the Grapevine and western Antelope
Valley late Wednesday night through Thursday afternoon.
* IMPACTS...Winds this strong may down trees and power lines,
causing property damage or power outages. Cross winds can make
driving difficult, especially for drivers of high profile
vehicles and vehicles towing trailers. In the Antelope Valley
blowing dust and sand may reduce the visibility to near zero