- High Wind Watch for Ventura County Coast County, California
- High Wind Watch issued February 10 at 9:33AM PST until February 11 at 10:00AM PST by NWS
- Effective: Saturday, February 10, 2018 at 8 p.m.
- Expires: Sunday, February 11, 2018 at 10 a.m.
...GUSTY NORTHWESTERLY WINDS AFFECTING THE LOS ANGELES AND
VENTURA MOUNTAINS AND ANTELOPE VALLEY THROUGH EARLY THIS
...POTENTIALLY DAMAGING WINDS ACROSS THE LOS ANGELES AND VENTURA
COUNTY MOUNTAINS TONIGHT AND SUNDAY MORNING INCLUDING THE SANTA
.A tightening northerly pressure gradient will bring gusty west
to north winds across northern Los Angeles and Ventura Counties.
A strong Santa Ana is expected to develop tonight and bring
potentially damaging winds to the Los Angeles and Ventura County
Mountains, including the Santa Monica Mountains.
...WIND ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 8 PM PST THIS EVENING...
...HIGH WIND WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 8 PM PST THIS EVENING
THROUGH SUNDAY MORNING...
* WINDS AND TIMING...Northwest to north winds will increase to
20 to 30 mph with gusts to 45 mph then shift to north to
northeast this evening and increasing to 25 to 40 mph with
possible gusts to 60 mph.
* IMPACTS...Gusty winds will make driving difficult, especially
for high profile vehicles. Winds this strong may down trees
and power lines, causing property damage or power outages.
Cross winds can make driving difficult, especially for drivers
of high profile vehicles and vehicles towing trailers.
Roadways that may be affected include Highway 33 in Ventura
County as well as Interstate 5 and Highway 14 in Los Angeles