- Red Flag Warning for Ventura County Coast County, California
- Red Flag Warning issued February 11 at 10:06AM PST until February 11 at 6:00PM PST by NWS
- Effective: Sunday, February 11, 2018 at 10:06 a.m.
- Expires: Sunday, February 11, 2018 at 6 p.m.
...RED FLAG WARNING IN EFFECT UNTIL THIS EVENING TO 6 PM PST
SUNDAY FOR GUSTY WINDS AND LOW HUMIDITIES ACROSS MOUNTAINS AND
MOST VALLEYS OF LOS ANGELES AND VENTURA COUNTIES...
.Gusty northeast winds of up to 40 mph in the valleys and 50 mph
in the mountains will continue to diminish through early this
afternoon. However, winds will quickly reverse to onshore in most
areas by late Sunday afternoon or early evening. Onshore wind
gusts will generally be between 20 and 30 mph through early
evening. Very dry conditions will linger initially with
widespread humidites between 5 and 15 percent, bringing continued
critical fire danger especially for interior wind prone valleys
and the Los Angeles and Ventura Mountains. Humidities will improve
late this afternoon through tonight as the onshore and marine
layer depth increases. Elevated fire danger will likely continue
into Sunday evening across higher elevations of the Los Angeles
county mountains into the Antelope Valley as lingering dry air
combines with the increasingly gusty onshore winds. There will be
a chance of showers across the region Monday through Wednesday or
...RED FLAG WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 PM PST THIS EVENING
FOR GUSTY NORTHEAST WINDS AND LOW RELATIVE HUMIDITY FOR THE LOS
ANGELES AND VENTURA COUNTY MOUNTAINS INCLUDING THE SANTA MONICA
* Winds...Northeast 15 to 30 mph with gusts up to 45 mph in the
morning becoming west to southwest 10 to 20 mph with gusts to 30
mph in the late afternoon.
* Relative Humidity...6 to 12 percent through late this
afternoon or early this evening.