- Red Flag Warning for Ventura County Coast County, California
- Red Flag Warning issued July 07 at 3:41PM PDT until July 07 at 6:00PM PDT by NWS
- Effective: Saturday, July 7, 2018 at 3:41 p.m.
- Expires: Saturday, July 7, 2018 at 6 p.m.
...RED FLAG WARNING IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 PM TODAY FOR PORTIONS OF
SOUTHWEST CALIFORNIA DUE TO HOT TEMPERATURES, LOW HUMIDITIES, AND
GUSTY ONSHORE WINDS...
.Light offshore flow this morning transitioned to onshore flow
this afternoon, with gusty onshore winds across much of the
forecast area. While there is some relief near the coast today,
inland areas have remained hot and dry. Remaining Red Flag
Warning areas will see onshore winds gusting between 20 and 30
through the afternoon hours in combination with the hot and
dry conditions. If any thunderstorms develop, there would be the
potential for isolated dry lightning strikes and gusty erratic
...RED FLAG WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 PM PDT THIS EVENING
FOR HOT TEMPERATURES, LOW RELATIVE HUMIDITY, AND GUSTY ONSHORE
WINDS FOR THE MOUNTAINS OF LOS ANGELES AND VENTURA COUNTIES...
* Winds...Areas of south to southwest winds 10 to 20 mph with
gusts to 30 mph in the afternoon.
* Relative Humidity...Minimum humidities 7 to 15 percent today.
* Temperatures...Highs 95 to 105 degrees across lower elevations
* Thunderstorms...There is a slight chance of thunderstorms with
isolated dry lightning strikes across the eastern San Gabriels
late this afternoon and evening. Any storms that develop will
be capable of producing gusty and erratic winds.
* Impacts...If fire ignition occurs, there could be rapid
wildfire spread and very large vertical plume growth that
would lead to a threat to life and property.