- Winter Storm Warning for Ventura County Coast County, California
- Winter Storm Warning issued March 02 at 9:53PM PST until March 03 at 4:00PM PST by NWS
- Effective: Friday, March 2, 2018 at 9:53 p.m.
- Expires: Saturday, March 3, 2018 at 4 p.m.
...WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT FOR THE LOS ANGELES AND VENTURA
COUNTY MOUNTAINS THROUGH SATURDAY AFTERNOON...
...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FOR THE MOUNTAINS OF SANTA
BARBARA COUNTY LATE THROUGH SATURDAY AFTERNOON...
.A storm system will bring periods of moderate to locally heavy
snow showers and strong, gusty winds to the mountains of Ventura
and Los Angeles Counties through Saturday afternoon. South to
southwest winds will be strongest through Saturday, with gusts up
to 45 mph. The snow and gusty winds will create very hazardous
driving conditions with icy roads and reduced visibility in snow
and blowing snow.
...WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 4 PM PST
* WHAT...Heavy snow and strong gusty winds. Snow levels near 5000
to 5500 feet should fall to between 4000 and 4500 feet late
tonight, then lower to between 3500 and 4000 feet Saturday.
Total snow accumulations of 12 inches or more is likely above
7000 feet, with accumulations of 6 to 12 inches between 6000 and
7000 feet. Lighter amounts can be expected below 6000 feet.
Gusty south to southwest winds 20 to 30 mph with gusts up to 45
mph will redevelop on Saturday.
* WHERE...Ventura County Mountains.
* WHEN...Through 4 PM PST Saturday.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Some mountain roadways that could be
affected include highway 33. Plan on difficult travel
conditions. Be prepared for significant reductions in
visibility at times.