- Winter Storm Warning for Ventura County Coast County, California
- Winter Storm Warning issued January 09 at 4:47AM PST until January 09 at 10:00PM PST by NWS
- Effective: Tuesday, January 9, 2018 at 4:47 a.m.
- Expires: Tuesday, January 9, 2018 at 10 p.m.
...PERIODS OF HEAVY SNOW AT HIGHER ELEVATIONS AND VERY STRONG
WINDS THROUGH THIS EVENING...
.A strong storm system will generate high elevation snowfall and
strong southerly winds across the mountains of Los Angeles and
Ventura counties. The heaviest snow will occur later today. Snow
levels will drop later this evening with scattered snow showers
persisting into the evening.
The I-5 corridor will not see snowfall.
...WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 10 PM PST THIS
* Snow accumulations...Snowfall accumulations will range from 12
to 24 inches above 8000 feet, 6 to 12 inches between 7000 and
8000 feet, and 3 to 6 inches between 6000 and 7000 feet.
* SNOW LEVELS...Snow levels will initially be around 8000 to 9000
feet through tonight, lowering to between 6000 feet during the
* WINDS...Southerly winds 30 to 45 mph with damaging gusts to 65
mph. Winds will be strongest at higher elevations.
* IMPACTS...Heavy snow, gusty winds, low visibilities in blowing
snow and icy roads make for dangerous driving conditions and
could lead to road closures and travel delays. In addition,
extended exposure to cold and wind could be life threatening.