- Winter Weather Advisory for Ventura County Coast County, California
- Winter Weather Advisory issued March 17 at 9:27PM PDT until March 18 at 5:00AM PDT by NWS
- Effective: Saturday, March 17, 2018 at 9:27 p.m.
- Expires: Sunday, March 18, 2018 at 5 a.m.
...LOW ELEVATION SNOW EXPECTED THROUGH EARLY SUNDAY MORNING...
.A cold upper level trough of low pressure over the area will
continue to bring shower activity. Snow levels will fall to 3500
to 4000 feet late tonight. Additional snow accumulations up to 2
inches are expected. Travel may be treacherous along Interstate 5
over the Grapevine tonight.
...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 5 AM PDT
* WHAT...Snow showers expected. Additional snow accumulations up
to 2 inches expected tonight, with storm total snow
accumulations of 3 to 6 inches above 5000 ft and up to 3 inches
down to 4000 feet. Local storm total snow accumulations of up
to 8 inches is possible above 6000 feet especially across the
eastern San Gabriel mountains.
* WHERE...The mountains of Santa Barbara, Ventura, and Los
Angeles Counties excluding the Santa Monica mountains.
* WHEN...Through 5 AM PDT Sunday.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Plan on slippery road conditions and be
prepared for reduced visibilities at times. Interstate 5 over
the Grapevine, Highway 2 through the San Gabriel Mountains,
and Highway 33 through the Ventura County Mountains will
likely be impacted by the snow.