- Red Flag Warning for West-Central San Joaquin Valley County, California
- Red Flag Warning issued July 05 at 10:28AM PDT until July 05 at 11:00PM PDT by NWS
- Effective: Wednesday, July 5, 2017 at 10:28 a.m.
- Expires: Wednesday, July 5, 2017 at 11 p.m.
...RED FLAG WARNING IN EFFECT THIS AFTERNOON AND EVENING FOR THE
SOUTHERN SIERRA NEVADA...
.ELEVATED FIRE DANGER IS EXPECTED DUE TO THE POSSIBILITY OF
THUNDERSTORMS ACROSS THE SIERRA NEVADA FROM SEQUOIA NATIONAL PARK
NORTH TO YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK. FORECAST CONFIDENCE IS LOW.
...RED FLAG WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 1 PM THIS AFTERNOON TO 11 PM
PDT THIS EVENING FOR DRY THUNDERSTORMS FOR FIRE WEATHER ZONES 296
* AFFECTED AREA...Southern Sierra Nevada from Sequoia National
Park North to Yosemite National Park.
*THUNDERSTORMS...Isolate to scattered thunderstorms are expected
to develop this afternoon. Storms will provide little rainfall.
* WIND...Winds will be gusty and erratic wherever thunderstorms
* IMPACTS...any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly.
Outdoor burning is not recommended.