- Winter Storm Warning for West Slope Northern Sierra Nevada County, California
- Winter Storm Warning issued March 24 at 3:31AM PDT until March 25 at 6:00AM PDT by NWS
- Effective: Saturday, March 24, 2018 at 3:31 a.m.
- Expires: Sunday, March 25, 2018 at 6 a.m.
...Significant Low Elevation Snow Through Early Sunday...
.A cold system with lower snow levels and heavy snow will drop
south over the region this weekend. The heaviest snow will be
this morning with a second round tonight. Significant travel
delays are expected.
...WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 AM PDT SUNDAY
ABOVE 2500 FEET...
* WHAT...Heavy snow occurring. Plan on difficult travel
conditions. Additional snow accumulations of 6 to 12 inches,
with localized amounts up to 22 inches, are expected.
* WHERE...Burney Basin / Eastern Shasta County, Mountains
Southwestern Shasta County to Northern Lake County, Clear
Lake/Southern Lake County and Western Plumas County/Lassen
* WHEN...Until 6 AM Sunday.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Be prepared for significant reductions in
visibility at times.
A Winter Storm Warning for snow means there will be snow covered
roads and limited visibilities. Travel is not recommended while
the warning is in effect. If you must travel, keep an extra
flashlight, food and water in your vehicle in case of an
emergency.The latest road conditions for the state you are
calling from can be obtained by calling 5 1 1.