- Excessive Heat Warning for Western Siskiyou County County, California
- Excessive Heat Warning issued September 02 at 3:04PM PDT until September 04 at 11:00PM PDT by NWS
- Effective: Saturday, September 2, 2017 at 3:04 p.m.
- Expires: Monday, September 4, 2017 at 11 p.m.
...Very Hot Temperatures Expected Through Labor Day Weekend...
.High pressure will persist over the region this weekend and
temperatures will warm to values of 20 to 25 degrees above normal
for this time of year. These hot temperatures are expected to
continue through at least the Labor Day holiday. Relief even at
night will be limited, as lows are expected to lower drop into
the mid 60s to lower 70s for much of the area. While smoke from
area wildfires will keep temperatures less hot than they might
otherwise be, it will also pose a health problem for those
seeking relief by opening windows, or attempting any outdoor
...EXCESSIVE HEAT WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 11 PM PDT
* Maximum Temperatures: 100 to 107 degrees.
* Minimum Temperatures: 60 to 70 degrees.
* Locations include: The Klamath and Salmon River valleys of
Siskiyou County, including Happy Camp, Seiad Valley, and Somes
* Impacts: Very high temperatures and limited relief overnight
will increase chances for heat related illness, especially for
sensitive groups and people without access to air
conditioning. Heat stress is also possible for livestock and
* View the hazard area in detail at
* An Excessive Heat Warning means that a prolonged period of
dangerously hot temperatures will occur.
* These hot temperatures are likely to create a DANGEROUS
SITUATION in which heat illnesses are possible.
* Drink plenty of fluids, stay in an air-conditioned room, and
stay out of the sun.
* Check up on relatives and neighbors, as well as outdoor pets
* Young children and pets should never be left unattended in
vehicles under any circumstances. This is especially true
during warm or hot weather when car interiors can reach lethal
temperatures in a matter of minutes.