- Excessive Heat Watch for Western Siskiyou County County, California
- Excessive Heat Watch issued August 31 at 3:53AM PDT until September 03 at 11:00PM PDT by NWS
- Effective: Friday, September 1, 2017 at 11 a.m.
- Expires: Sunday, September 3, 2017 at 11 p.m.
...Very Warm Temperatures Possible This Labor Day Weekend...
.High pressure will build into the region Thursday, and by
Friday, temperatures will warm to values of 20 to 25 degrees
above normal for this time of year. Relief even at night will be
limited, as lows are not expected to drop below 70 for much of
the region. While smoke from area wildfires will keep
temperatures slightly cooler than they might otherwise be, it
will also pose a health problem for those seeking relief by
opening windows, or attempting any outdoor activities.
...EXCESSIVE HEAT WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM FRIDAY MORNING
THROUGH SUNDAY EVENING...
* Maximum Temperatures: Mid to upper 100s.
* Minimum Temperatures: Mid 60s to Mid 70s.
* Locations include: The Klamath and Salmon River valleys of
Siskiyou County, including Happy Camp, Seiad Valley, and Somes
Bar, and also the area surrounding Dunsmuir.
* Impacts: Very high temperatures and limited relief overnight
will increase chances for heat related illness, especially for
sensitive groups and people without access to air
conditioning. Heat stress is also possible for livestock and
* View the hazard area in detail at
An Excessive Heat Watch means that a prolonged period of hot
temperatures is expected. Hot temperatures may create a DANGEROUS
SITUATION in which heat illnesses are possible. Drink plenty of
fluids, stay in an air-conditioned room, stay out of the sun, and
check up on relatives and neighbors.
Take extra precautions, if you work or spend time outside. When
possible, reschedule strenuous activities to early morning or
evening. Know the signs and symptoms of heat exhaustion and heat
stroke. Wear light weight and loose fitting clothing when
possible and drink plenty of water.