- Fire Weather Watch for Western Siskiyou County County, California
- Fire Weather Watch issued July 14 at 5:00AM PDT until July 15 at 11:00PM PDT by NWS
- Effective: Sunday, July 15, 2018 at 2 p.m.
- Expires: Sunday, July 15, 2018 at 11 p.m.
...FIRE WEATHER WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM SUNDAY AFTERNOON
THROUGH SUNDAY EVENING FOR ABUNDANT LIGHTNING ON DRY FUELS FOR
FIRE WEATHER ZONES 280, 281, 282, AND 284...
* Impacts...While wetting rain may occur under the cores of
thunderstorms, abundant lightning on dry fuels may produce
numerous new starts that pose a threat to life and property, and
may overwhelm initial attack capabilities.
* Affected area: Mainly the higher terrain of fire weather zones
280, 281, 282, and 284 in California, including the Marble and
Scott mountains, the Shasta highlands, and the area surrounding
* Thunderstorms: Are expected to develop by early Sunday
afternoon, increasing in coverage through the afternoon and
evening. Lightning coverage is expected to increase to scattered
as the day progresses.
* Wind: Generally west to northwest at 5 to 10 mph, but gusty and
erratic winds are possible in the vicinity of showers and
* View the hazard area in detail at