- High Wind Warning for Western Siskiyou County County, California
- High Wind Warning issued January 24 at 3:21AM PST until January 24 at 1:00PM PST by NWS
- Effective: Wednesday, January 24, 2018 at 3:21 a.m.
- Expires: Wednesday, January 24, 2018 at 1 p.m.
...HIGH WIND WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 1 PM PST THIS
* Winds: South 35 to 45 mph with gusts of 50 to 60 mph.
* Timing: Through Wednesday morning.
* Locations include: The southern Shasta Valley including
Interstate 5 from Weed north to Grenada.
* Impacts: Driving may become hazardous, especially for high
* View the hazard area in detail at
The strongest winds are expected in the southern Shasta Valley
A High Wind Warning means a hazardous high wind event is expected
or occurring. Sustained wind speeds of at least 40 mph or gusts
of 58 mph or more can lead to property damage. Travel will be
impacted, especially for high profile vehicles.