- High Wind Watch for Western Siskiyou County County, California
- High Wind Watch issued January 16 at 2:15AM PST until January 17 at 10:00PM PST by NWS
- Effective: Wednesday, January 17, 2018 at 10 a.m.
- Expires: Wednesday, January 17, 2018 at 10 p.m.
...Strong, damaging winds possible Wednesday and Wednesday
.Winds over the Shasta Valley will continue to diminish
overnight. A much stronger front is expected to move in
Wednesday. This front may be strong, damaging winds to the Shasta
Valley as well as portions of the east side.
...HIGH WIND WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM WEDNESDAY MORNING
THROUGH WEDNESDAY EVENING...
* Winds...South 30 to 40 mph with gusts up to 60 mph Wednesday
morning through Wednesday evening.
* Timing...Strong winds will develop again on Wednesday morning
and continue through Wednesday evening.
* Locations include...Southern Shasta Valley including Weed,
Grenada and Montague. This includes portions of Interstate 5
from Weed to Grenada.
* Impacts...Winds may make driving difficult, especially for
high profile vehicles. Loose items may be blown about.
* View the hazard area in detail at
A High Wind Watch means there is the potential for a hazardous
high wind event. Sustained winds of at least 40 mph, or gusts of
58 mph or stronger may occur. Continue to monitor the latest