- High Wind Watch for Western Siskiyou County County, California
- High Wind Watch issued November 14 at 3:38AM PST until November 15 at 7:00PM PST by NWS
- Effective: Wednesday, November 15, 2017 at 4 a.m.
- Expires: Wednesday, November 15, 2017 at 7 p.m.
...Strong south winds possible Wednesday...
.Strong south winds are possible ahead of a strong frontal system
that will move through area Wednesday. The strongest winds are
expected over the Shasta Valley and over the higher terrain east
of the Cascades, however, strong winds may also affect portions of
the Rogue Valley as well.
...HIGH WIND WATCH IN EFFECT FROM LATE TONIGHT THROUGH WEDNESDAY
The National Weather Service in Medford has issued a High Wind
Watch...which is in effect from late tonight through Wednesday
* Winds...Southeast 40 to 50 mph with gusts to 70 mph possible.
* Timing...Strong winds are possible much of Wednesday, however,
the strongest winds are expected just prior to a frontal passage
* Locations include...Much of the Shasta Valley, but the strongest
winds will be near Weed.
* Impacts...Travel will be difficult on area roadways including
Interstate-5 from Weed to Grenada. Unsecured objects may be
blown around. Tree damage and power outages are possible.
* View the hazard area in detail at
A High Wind Watch means there is the potential for a hazardous
high wind event. Sustained winds of at least 40 mph, or gusts of
58 mph or stronger may occur. Continue to monitor the latest