- Winter Storm Warning for Western Siskiyou County County, California
- Winter Storm Warning issued March 24 at 5:39AM PDT until March 25 at 2:00AM PDT by NWS
- Effective: Saturday, March 24, 2018 at 5:39 a.m.
- Expires: Sunday, March 25, 2018 at 2 a.m.
...Low elevation snow will continue overnight...
.Snow will continue early Saturday morning with snow levels at
1000 to 2000 feet, locally as low as 500 feet. The heaviest snow
is expected to fall in the mountains of Curry, Josephine, and
western Siskiyou counties. Low elevation snow may impact Highway
199 again near Hayes Hill and perhaps Cave Junction before snow
levels rise again Saturday afternoon.
...WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 2 AM PDT SUNDAY...
* WHAT...Moderate to heavy snow expected. Snow accumulations of
6 to 12 inches in the warning area with more than 2 feet in
the mountains. 1 to 3 inches in the advisory area with local
amounts to 5 inches.
* WHERE...The warning is for the western Siskiyou County
mountains, mainly above 3000 feet, including Sawyer`s Bar road
west of Etna. The advisory is for lower elevations...including
Fort Jones, Happy Camp, and Highway 3.
* WHEN...Until 2 AM PDT Sunday.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...The heaviest period of snowfall is
expected to occur through this evening. Road accumulations are
expected to be greatest this evening. Be prepared for
significant reductions in visibility at times.
* View the hazard area in detail at