- Winter Storm Watch for Western Siskiyou County County, California
- Winter Storm Watch issued November 14 at 3:54AM PST until November 15 at 10:00PM PST by NWS
- Effective: Wednesday, November 15, 2017 at 4 a.m.
- Expires: Wednesday, November 15, 2017 at 10 p.m.
...Heavy snow possible above 5500 feet Wednesday...
.A strong frontal system is expected to bring heavy snow to the
Cascades and Siskiyous above 5500 feet on Wednesday. Low pressure
moving along the front as it arrives may enhance snowfall near the
low and lessen snow elsewhere. Thus, while there is the potential
for significant snowfall on Wednesday, especially as the front and
associated low pressure passes, the exact amounts are uncertain.
A period of heavy snow is also possible behind the front on
Thursday as colder air arrives and snow levels fall.
...WINTER STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM LATE TONIGHT THROUGH
WEDNESDAY EVENING ABOVE 5500 FEET...
* WHAT...Heavy snow possible. Travel will be very difficult to
impossible over the higher terrain of Siskiyou County. Total
snow accumulations of 10 to 16 inches, with localized amounts up
to 24 inches, are possible.
* WHERE...Western Siskiyou County.
* WHEN...From late tonight through Wednesday evening.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Significant reductions in visibility are
possible. Snowfall rates may be briefly high, up to 4 inches
per hour, as the front passes Wednesday afternoon.