- Fire Weather Watch for Yuba County, California
- Fire Weather Watch issued August 08 at 2:30AM PDT until August 11 at 11:00PM PDT by NWS
- Effective: Thursday, August 9, 2018 at 2 p.m.
- Expires: Saturday, August 11, 2018 at 11 p.m.
...Fire Weather Watch Remains In Effect Thursday Afternoon
Through Saturday Evening...
.Wind will increase Thursday afternoon through Saturday evening
as a low pressure system passes through Northern California.
Local gusts up to 35 mph will be possible, particularly during
the afternoons and early evenings over higher elevations. Highest
threat areas include the Carr Fire, the Mendocino Complex, and
the Donnell Fire.
...FIRE WEATHER WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM THURSDAY AFTERNOON
THROUGH SATURDAY EVENING FOR VERY DRY AND LOCALLY GUSTY WIND FOR
FIRE WEATHER ZONES 213, 214, 215, 216, 263, 264, 266, 268, AND
* WIND...Local south to southwest ridgetop wind gusts 25 to 35 mph
Thursday afternoon into Saturday evening. Local wind in the
Central Valley gusting up to 25 mph at times.
* HUMIDITY...Afternoon minimum humidities of 10 to 20 percent
are expected with overnight humidity recoveries as low as 30
to 40 percent.
* HIGHEST THREAT...Near the Mendocino Complex Fires, Carr Fire,
and over exposed ridges.
* IMPACTS...Any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly.
Outdoor burning is not recommended.
Interact with us via social media