- Red Flag Warning for Yuba County, California
- Red Flag Warning issued August 10 at 6:00AM PDT until August 11 at 11:00PM PDT by NWS
- Effective: Friday, August 10, 2018 at 6 a.m.
- Expires: Saturday, August 11, 2018 at 11 p.m.
...Red Flag Warning In Effect Until Saturday Evening...
.Increasing wind is expected over higher terrain into Saturday
evening as a low pressure system passes through Northern
California. Local gusts up to 35 mph will be possible,
particularly during the afternoons and early evenings over higher
elevations. These winds when coupled with low humidity levels will
bring critical fire weather conditions. Highest threat areas
include exposed ridges, the Mendocino Complex, and the Carr,
Donnell, Hat, and Murphy fires.
...RED FLAG WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 11 PM PDT SATURDAY
FOR VERY DRY AND LOCALLY GUSTY WINDS FOR FIRE WEATHER ZONES 213,
214, 215, 216, 263, 264, 266, 268, AND 279...
* WIND...Local south to southwest wind gusts 20 to 30 mph this
afternoon into Saturday evening. Valley winds gusting to 20
* HUMIDITY...Afternoon minimum humidities of 10 to 20 percent
are expected with overnight humidity recoveries as low as 30
to 40 percent.
* HIGHEST THREAT...Mendocino Complex, the Carr Fire, the Murphy
Fire, the Hat Fire, and exposed ridges.
* IMPACTS...Any fires that develop will spread rapidly. Outdoor
burning is not recommended.
Interact with us via social media