In a city where naturally blessed human beings try desperately to cope with an unusually moderate climate in often sublime surroundings, it seems impossible to decide which aspect of their too-frequently beautiful lives might be declared ultimately and momentously the best! Yet, each fall, thousands of folks pour over The Indy‘s Best Of readers’ poll categories and vote for their favorite favorites. This year was no different.
The ballots have been counted, the results tabulated, and all that is left to do is to publish these unbelievable results. (Oh, by the way, we asked a few Indy staffers for an idea of what they like best in this best of towns, and here are their replies.)
Ladies and gentlemen, straight outta paradise, the Best of Santa Barbara!
• Eating - The best steak, burrito, clam chowder, Thai food, and more are all detailed here as part of our readers’ choices for top eating spots in Santa Barbara.
• Drinking - From coffee sipping to cocktail slamming, here are our readers’ choices on the best places for drinking in Santa Barbara.
• Falling in Love - As one of the capitals for getting married, Santa Barbara’s best love zones are listed here as part of our readers’ choices for where to fall in love in Santa Barbara.
• Going Out - Rock shows, dance performances, pool halls, and art galleries are just some of the categories in this round-up of our readers’ choices for top places to go out in Santa Barbara.
• Driving - Taxicabs, car dealerships, and repair shops are just some of the categories in the list of our readers’ choices for best driving-related businesses in Santa Barbara.
• Housing - From buying your home to planting your garden, here are our readers’ choices for top home-related businesses in Santa Barbara.
• Living Well - Acupuncturists, bookstores, copy shops, and retirements residences are but a short list of the many categories highlighted here as our readers’ choices for favorite lifestyle spots and services in Santa Barbara.
• Little Creatures - Pets and babies are the focus here, with readers’ choices for the best spots for kids and creatures in Santa Barbara.
• Looking Good - Hairdos, manicures, clothing stores, and dry cleaners can be found here, amidst our readers’ choices for best beauty and style-related businesses in Santa Barbara.
• Media - Who and what to read and watch are covered here as part of our readers’ choices for top media in Santa Barbara.
• Sporting Life - Running shoes, skateboards, blue whales, and tee times are part of the selections here in our readers’ choices for all things sporting in Santa Barbara.
Be succinct, constructive, and relevant to the story. Leaving a comment means you agree to our Discussion Guidelines. We like civilized discourse. We don't like spam, lying, profanity, harassment or personal attacks.