Grace Lutheran Church
3869 State St.,
Santa Barbara, CA
In 1902 a small but faithful group of Christians decided there should be a Lutheran church in Santa Barbara, so a meeting was called in a little store where plans were made for the future. The first service was held in the Faith Mission on January 1, 1903. On February 1st the congregation began its worship in the Cooperative Hall in De La Guerra St. On this same day the first infant, George F. Gross, was baptized. The ministry of the congregation began under the leadership of the Rev. A.C. Delbro who began his work on December 23, 1902.Easter Sunday, April 12, 1903, the congregation was organized under the name of Grace Evangelical Lutheran Church, and on the same day the Sunday School was organized and the Council was elected. Mr. Harry Doty and Mr. Gust Greenwald were the first deacon and elder.
Wheelchair Accessible: Unknown,
Smoking Area: No