SB-ADaPT Festival: Program ALPHA
Conference celebrating dance and movement arts will feature performances by area and national artists.
When: Sunday, June 19, 2011, 7 p.m.
Where: Center Stage Theater, 751 Paseo Nuevo, Santa Barbara
Cost: $15 - $19
Age limit: All ages
Categories: Dance performance
Program Alpha (Saturday June 18th ($15) @ 2:00 pm and Sunday June 19th @ 7:00 pm ($19))
Our Program Alpha artists include:
• Santa Barbara, CA: Ratatat Theater
EAST of SB
• Pulaski, VI: d a n a h b e l l a DanceWorks (Danah Bella)
• Madison, WI: Kate Corby and Dancers
NORTH of SB
• Salem, OR: Bodysensate (Matt Nelson)
SOUTH of SB
• Los Angeles, CA: Hart Pulse Dance Company (for Sunday evening performance)
• Long Beach, CA: Nickerson-Rossi Dance
• Valley Glen, CA: Rubans Rouge Dance Company (for Saturday Matinee)
• Santa Monica, CA: Christine Suarez (adult language, adult theme, will be placed after intermission. Parent/kids that choose to will be able to take an extra 6 minutes at intermission and can re-enter after this work)
• Los Angeles, CA: Clairobscur Dance Company
• Maya & Tomer Tel Aviv, Israel
• Simya Sanat, Istanbul, Turkey
Words that come to mind when thinking of the collection of work that will be presented include: dynamic, hysterical, riveting, shocking, subtle, thought provoking, touching, innovative, poetic, dynamic, intensely physical & emotional.
Programming subject to change: please visit www.sbadaptfest.com to view up to date information.
SonneBlauma Danscz Theater presents its first bi-annual SB-ADaPT (A Dance and Physical Theater) Festival June 12th-June 19th. Participating in this conference which celebrates the movement arts are 40+ Companies/Artists from 5 countries & 23 different cities. Events open to the public include master classes led by visiting artists, performances at Center Stage Theater, a presentation of an emerging genre performance installation at Fishbon’s Pescadrome, free performances in public spaces, a presentation about performing opportunities in Europe, social gatherings & more! In that the Festival is continuing to grow please visit our website for updates and changes.
For tickets call the BOX OFFICE (805) 963-0408
OR PURCHASE TICKETS ONLINE www.centerstagetheater.org
Event posted May 24, 2011
Last updated May 26, 2011